This week we will be looking at the Nursery Rhyme Incy Wincy Spider.
Join in with the rhyme, remember to join in with all the actions!
Here are some questions to discuss with your family:
- What is the name of the main character in the rhyme?
- Where is the rhyme set? Is it inside or outside?
- What is Incy Wincy ?
- What is the weather like in the rhyme?
- How many times did Incy climb up the spout?
- What happened at the beginning of the rhyme?
- What happened at the end?
- Here are some nice stories all about Spiders. Share them with your family and discuss what happens.
The Very Busy Spider - Animated Children's Book
Books For Kids Read Aloud (A Julia Donaldson Storybook Collection) Spinderella
Incy Wincy Spider - Read aloud children's book
- Pre-writing practice develops fine motor muscles which enable us to grip a pencil correctly and have control over the pressure as well as control over the movement and direction of our writing.These skills do not come naturally to all children and need to be practiced. Like so many other skills that need development, making it fun is the key to practicing these fine motor skills!
Use these fun, spider themed pre-writing practice strips to do just that by helping the spiders to their webs!
Spider handwriting practise
Try sequencing the pictures in the correct order.
Practise your colouring in skills with these Incy Wincy colouring pictures.
- Can you make a spider puppet? Here are some pictures to give you some ideas....
- Join in with this fun counting song.
Number song 1-20 for children | Counting numbers | The Singing Walrus
Lets say our numbers in order using different voices! Remember to say them in order.
- Can you use a squeaky voice?
- Can you use a deep or loud voice?
- Spiders have 8 legs. Can you make a collection of other toys, counters or objects in groups of 8?
- Maybe you could get a family member to record you counting and upload it to the Evidence Me app. We would love to see what you can do!
Practise singing some other nursery rhymes. You should recognise lots of these from Nursery!
30 minute medley | Early Years - Nursery Rhymes | BBC Teach
Try using some paper plates and pegs to create different spiders. Can you put the correct number of legs onto the plate?
Let’s talk about feelings…
Talk with your family about Incy Wincy spider.
How did he feel when he got washed out the spout?
What did he do to make himself happy again?
Show your child the pictures below.
Can they discuss the feelings? Ask your child how they feel today and why? Each day ask your child how they are feeling.
Share this picture with your child and ask them to point to the picture that shows how they are feeling.
Knowledge and understanding of the World
Come Outside - Spiders
It's bath day for Pippin and Auntie Mabel finds a spider in her bath. They both go to visit a spider expert, who shows a tarantula to Pippin and Mabel. When ...
Can you draw, paint, collage or colour your own spider?
What shapes can you see? How many legs have they got?
You could use junk modelling, paper or paper plates!
- Try making some holes around the edge of a paper plate and use different string, ribbon or wool to weave a web across the holes.
Join in with these songs!
Incy Wincy Spider with Lyrics | LIV Kids Nursery Rhymes and Songs | HD
There's A Spider On The Floor | Song for Kids | The Kiboomers
Spider Prance ♫ Skoolbo Music
Spider Power yoga compilation | Cosmic Kids Yoga
Here are some more stories for you to enjoy!
Silk the Spider Meets Sam the Caterpillar
"Aaaarrgghh, Spider!" by Lydia Monks
Please continue to practise these every week!
- Putting on your coat
- Zipping up your coat
- Getting dressed by yourself including doing up your own shoes
- Recognising and writing your own name
- Counting forwards and backwards to 20
- Practice writing numbers to 10
We hope you enjoy joining in with all the lovely activities about Incy Wincy Spider. Remember to take photos and add them to the Evidence Me App so we can see all the lovely things you have been doing!