Bert find outs that the situation is even worse than he feared Yet, by the end of this chapter things may have just taken a turn for the better.
Today is a thinking day. This chapter raises lots of questions. Think about each one carefully. Remember, this is all about what you think, not about finding the correct answer.
1. Why wasn't Bert scared of Roderick?
2. What made Bert think Spittleworth was even more dangerous?
3. Why do you think Cankerby cannot be trusted?
4. Why wasn't Bert scared of Basher John?
5. Why might it be lucky to find themselves at Ma Grunter's house?