Week beginning May 4th 2020
Well done to those who are taking part in the home learning. Please let me know what activities you are most enjoying by sharing on the school blog.
Extra challenge for this group:
1. Write a short summary of the "air" story in the reading activity
2. Answer the phase 5 questions in full sentences using "Yes, because..." or "No, because"
Weekly focus: Comprehension
You should always be improving your reading comprehension skills by discussing books and asking/answering questions about what you have read. This week, have a go at these activities to challenge your comprehension skills. Remember:
1. Do the activities in the order that they are listed.
2. Some answers are included but try not to look until you have had a go yourself!
3. Some activities have a few versions. Let an adult help you decide which version is best suited to you.
4. As these are comprehension activities, it is fine to have someone read the text to you if it is too tricky. Focus on listening and understanding.
5. Use a dictionary to look up unfamiliar words.
Please choose the activities for your phonics group:
Extra challenge: Lots of children have been making awesome emoji book quizzes on the blog. Have a go at these:
Weekly Focus - Story
Writing stories is brilliant fun because they can be about anything. This week, have a go at writing your own story about something that interests you. It is important to plan your story first. Here are some tools to help you plan:
Think about your favourite stories and why you love them. How can you make your story interesting, scary or funny? How can you make sure the parts of your story link together? Share your finished story on the blog so that I can read it!
If you are struggling with ideas, why not choose a story you know as inspiration? You could do: "We're Going on a Pear Hunt", "Jack and the Green Chalk", "The Very Angry Caterpillar"...
Weekly Focus: Addition and Subtraction
From now on, the daily maths learning will be taken from White Rose Maths. There are four lessons for the week. Follow these steps to access the learning
Here are the activities and answers for the four lessons:
Children need regular breaks and exercise. If you have a safe outdoor space, please ensure you get some fresh air and exercise. Otherwise, have a go at these dance and yoga videos, including some of the moves we were learning in gymnastics earlier in the year! Please make sure you practise the moves safely by clearing an area and following the instructions carefully: