- Can you predict what this text or story might be about?
- Which word in the text describes _____________________?
- What does the word ____________________ mean in this sentence?
- What does it mean when it says _____________________?
- What words describe the character/setting?
- Can you predict what will happen next? Why do you think that?
- Who is the main character? How do you know?
- Why did the character act that way?
- How is the character feeling? Why?
- Who was your favourite character? Why?
- Can you put the events in order?
- What was the problem? How was it resolved?
- Why do you think the author chose this title for the text?
- Is this book similar to any other books you’ve read? Why?
Questions specific to non-fiction texts:
- What page will you find information about ___________________?
- What extra information does the caption give?
- What is the heading on this page?
- How does the glossary help?
- Use the glossary to tell me what __________________ means.
- What new facts have you learnt?