Thursday 23rd April to Saturday 23rd May is the holy month of Ramadan.
If we were in school we would be learning all about this special time and listening to the stories and sharing the activities that happen during this special time. Here is a film all about Ramadan.
As you will discover, light is really important to anyone celebrating Ramadan.
You can make your own lanterns following the instructions below. All you will need is a piece of paper, some colours, a pair of scissors and some glue or tape.
1. Carefully cut off one end of the paper. This will become the handle at the end of the activity.
2. Colour in the rest of the paper with a pattern. Include stars, moons and bright colours.
3. Fold your paper in half, lengthwise, along the dotted line. Make sure you can see the shorter vertical lines.
4. Next, cut along those lines. They do not go to the edge of the paper, so make sure you stop cutting at the end of the line.
5. Unfold the paper.
6. Roll the paper into a cylinder by joining the ends of the paper together. Use glue or tape to hold it in place.
7. Then pop out the middle to make your lantern shape.
Take a picture of your lantern and pop it on the blog so we can all see your creativity!
This is a quiz all about the Ramadan Lantern story. Can you remember what happened in the story?